Board index The Blogosphere MemoryHeap's Blog Another excuse for not writing...

Another excuse for not writing...

General words about nothing and everything, noises, blatherings and non-specific things uttered by MemoryHeap. Real discussions pertaining to stories will take place in those forums.

Anyone can read my blog, and post in it. If you don't have an account on the site, your posts will be filtered through various anti-spam checks, and you will have to submit to an 'are you human?' test. This is necessary to avoid the spammers (sorry, but such measures have already prevented thousands of garbage postings).

* To see the story forums, and read the stories, you must register for an account. *

Moderator: memoryheap

Post Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:38 pm

...and maybe a little bragging. I'm not on the continent. Right now, I'm in the Netherlands, specifically in Rotterdam. So far, I've been in: Frankfurt and Cologne, Germany; Antwerp, Belgium; and now Rotterdam. Tomorrow will be spent seeing windmills in Kinderdijk, and maybe getting to Delft or The Hague. Sunday sees me back in Cologne for a night, then another train ride to Frankfurt to catch my flight home on Monday. I have to say, trains that do over 300 km/hr are quite nice, especially since they are electric and therefore very quiet. Pretty much faster than flying if you include time getting to and from airports. And there's no hassle from some nasty TSA agent since they don't do security checks. After all, who's going to hijack a train? And where would you take it?

Speaking misogynistically, I have to say there are a LOT of gorgeous young women in these countries. Potentially fodder for lots of new stories.

Return to MemoryHeap's Blog