Board index The Blogosphere MemoryHeap's Blog A Little Under the Weather

A Little Under the Weather

General words about nothing and everything, noises, blatherings and non-specific things uttered by MemoryHeap. Real discussions pertaining to stories will take place in those forums.

Anyone can read my blog, and post in it. If you don't have an account on the site, your posts will be filtered through various anti-spam checks, and you will have to submit to an 'are you human?' test. This is necessary to avoid the spammers (sorry, but such measures have already prevented thousands of garbage postings).

* To see the story forums, and read the stories, you must register for an account. *

Moderator: memoryheap

Post Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 pm

Not me, the server.

The site was off the air for a few hours today. The host server has been eating the fan in its power supply for a couple of days, and I finally broke down and decided to do something about it. The ticking noise was bothering the spousal unit, although it wasn't causing me too much grief. After wrestling with the power supply to get at the fan, I finally swore at it and went out to buy a new power supply. Of course, that meant about an hour's round-trip to get a new power supply, followed by scraped knuckles and contorted fingers to get it all in place and hooked up -- the server is a tight fit, with two CPUs, two big fans, and so on. With that in place, the host server re-booted very nicely, is back to being very quiet, and all of its web sites are now back on the air.

Enjoy.

Return to MemoryHeap's Blog