Board index The Blogosphere MemoryHeap's Blog Weather Woes

Weather Woes

General words about nothing and everything, noises, blatherings and non-specific things uttered by MemoryHeap. Real discussions pertaining to stories will take place in those forums.

Anyone can read my blog, and post in it. If you don't have an account on the site, your posts will be filtered through various anti-spam checks, and you will have to submit to an 'are you human?' test. This is necessary to avoid the spammers (sorry, but such measures have already prevented thousands of garbage postings).

* To see the story forums, and read the stories, you must register for an account. *

Moderator: memoryheap

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:09 pm

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: Good Afternoon MH. I am sitting here, waiting for the arrival of Hurricane Ian!!! It isn't all that bad, at the moment. Presently we have Heavily Overcast skies, wind NNE 15 Gusts to 21. temperature is 72.9 (20.5 C) and Humidity is 97%. Barometric Pressure is now falling at 29.71. Rain is falling in fits and starts. Presently it is raining with a total accumulation since midnight of 1.44" ( approximately 38.1mm). The forecast has been saying as much as 22" of rain (approximately 50cm) to be about once it is all finished.
Now that you have the local weather report, I do hope you were not anywhere near Fiona when she arrived in Canada....
I will drop by when able, AFTER, the storm passes....
Les

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:37 pm

Hang tight, stay away from the water, and don't go out if you can avoid it. Hurricanes are bad news at the best of times. I grew up in Nova Scotia, so I caught a few in my time. I was in Nova Scotia again before Fiona hit but was safely back out of that region before she made landfall. I've got plenty of friends who may have been affected, but at least not me this time.

Good luck to you.

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:41 pm

Thanks MH. I do appreciate it. I can tell you that hurricanes are not new to me. Been thru about 5 here in Florida, one in Puerto Rico and some at sea......You are so right, they are not to be enjoyed!!!! I, fortunately, obtained my home at the high point of our County. I am safe unless things exceed 75 feet, lol.
I am so glad to hear that you missed out on Fiona.....
Take care, Les

Return to MemoryHeap's Blog