Board index The Blogosphere MemoryHeap's Blog And Another Something New for Another Holiday Weekend

And Another Something New for Another Holiday Weekend

General words about nothing and everything, noises, blatherings and non-specific things uttered by MemoryHeap. Real discussions pertaining to stories will take place in those forums.

Anyone can read my blog, and post in it. If you don't have an account on the site, your posts will be filtered through various anti-spam checks, and you will have to submit to an 'are you human?' test. This is necessary to avoid the spammers (sorry, but such measures have already prevented thousands of garbage postings).

* To see the story forums, and read the stories, you must register for an account. *

Moderator: memoryheap

This is a long weekend in much of Canada. The first Monday in August became a holiday years ago in much of the country, mainly to create a long weekend in the middle of the summer, if for no other reason. It goes by different names in different parts of the country. In Halifax, it's called Natal Day as it celebrates the founding of the city. In Ottawa, it's called Colonel By Day, commemorating the engineer who designed and constructed the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the world's longest skating rink in winter.

Not really in honour of the holiday, but the timing worked out, I've added a chapter (finally, since it's been over a year) to The Day My Life Changed. Hope you enjoy it, and have a good summer.

Return to MemoryHeap's Blog